How to ruin your child's life, or at least evening
- Attempt to laminate the really cool (his words) placemat that Elf has made, using a laminator at Nana's house, belonging to her friend, that she's only used once.
- Not realise that having soggy glue on the pictures messes up the laminator totally, and jams it too.
- Try to explain to Elf what you've done with his really cool placemat.
- Offer to try again, once he's made another one without glue this time.
- Take it from him when he tries to see the best in it saying through sobs "It's OK as the messy glue looks like more fire."