Trying out big school - Transition WEEK starts tomorrow!
Ten things we know about Big School, before Transition Week:
- Transition week is yes, a week! Most other get two days. We get a week! That's a week of him coming home earlier than me...
- They advise taking a packed lunch for the first day, but afterwards, it's £3.50 on average per day for a hot lunch. This is going to cost me a fortune!
- They have two lunch "hours" of 25 minutes, he can eat at either. Both more like, if he realises he can do it.
- He's going to get homework this week. (Ha ha ha ha ha ha.)
- They already know the details of the detentions and bookings. We have been told (by him) to not expect him NOT to get any detentions.
- But he doesn't want isolation, that sounds awful. (Good.)
- He can wear any shoes this week, but in September, he has to wear all black shoes. Yes he's already asked me for a certain pair. No I can't remember the name.
- He's outraged he can't wear shorts to secondary, but he is able to this week. (Good cos his long trousers probably don't fit him any longer!)
- What he doesn't realise is that at another secondary, the year 6s going up in their shorts for transition days are mercilessly teased by the year 7s (obviously a rite of passage) - I wonder if they do that at his school? (Bah ha ha.)
- He's sort of excited. I think that means he's bricking it but can't under any circumstances let on. Watch this space.