One of my aims this week (while I'm Ben-free) is to consolidate my list of recipes. I'm getting fed up with stressing about what to cook. I love cooking, I love shopping for food, these are not my issues. It's when Ben and I get in after activities in the evenings, I don't have time for cooking long and complicated recipes. I'm not averse to cutting corners from time to time (I've started to buy ready made mash from Waitrose -it's only got potatoes, salt and pepper in it!) but obviously I don't want to eat ready meals often.
Which brings me to my first recipe I'm going to share with you. I'm naming it Victorious Chicken Burrito, so named after the fabulous Burrito Boys's delish food at the Victorious Festival here in Portsmouth last weekend. I ate there twice on Saturday and it's reignited my love for Mexican food. I also follow a Slowcooker Facebook group and this recipe is adapted slightly from theirs. If there is any sauce left from dinner tonight, I shall probably freeze it to use another time. In fact, it would be worth making two lots, wouldn't it?
Victorious Chicken Burrito
To make the chicken -
- 4 chicken thighs
- half a can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- a can of ratatouille (need to investigate the salt and sugar here, it was just for convenience)
- half a packet of Taco seasoning (I just found that in the cupboard, you could make your own or use any Mexican seasoning)
- a can of tomatoes
I bunged it all in the slow cooker and cooked for around 6-8 hours on Medium and then let it settle all night, and it's still settling now. I have pulled the chicken apart, that's the photo I've used.
To make the burrito -
- for convenience I'm using a pack of Mexican rice
- salsa (I may just chop some tomatoes up and add coriander etc)
- grated cheese
- natural yogurt
- guacamole (I'm going to make my own tonight, I may post the recipe if successful)
Pack the pulled chicken, alongside rice, salsa, guacamole, cheese and yogurt into a tortilla wrap. Fold and EAT! Photos later.