- Cheese and olives on sticks, some wrapped in anchovies
- Home-made beef burgers with potato and parsnip chips
OH was a guinea pig really, we have all learned from him. I was out for a boozy champagne lunch for my friend's birthday and didn't really offer any help in looking after Elf while OH was cooking! The cheese and olives on sticks were nice, except the anchovy ones! The burgers were lovely and the parsnip chips really tasty. Impressed. The cheesecakes were good, but then he did see me make them the week before!
I will update you with OH's score; we are all texting my mum with his scores!
- Individual caramelised onion and goat's cheese quiche
- Chicken breast stuffed with mozarella and wrapped in pancetta with roasted betroot and peppers
- Individual chocolate fondue with fresh fruit dips and home-baked biscuits
I will give a really honest evaluation of A's meal.
- The quiche was delicious, the onions were very sweet and almost creamy. (Did she make the pastry?)
- The main course was very nice, the cheese didn't melt as much as A had wanted but the breasts were very plump. However I like wet food! Personally I would have liked a sauce with the main course. I did really enjoy the roasted beetroot though, especially as it was grown at their own allotment.
- The pudding was amazing, the creamy chocolate fondue was delicious and the biscuits very nice.
I am doing the next one and as I usually cook in my household, we've decided that I'm doing Come Picnic With Me on the May Bank Holiday weekend. A's husband B is bringing up the rear with Come Barbecue With Me after that! Watch this space.