What can you do when you're child-free?
This week we are child-free. Elf is staying with his grandparents. We have been able to do the following since we have been child-free:
- Laid in bed until 9.30 YES 9.30 on Easter Monday
- Gone to the toilet on our own, without having to wipe someone else's bottom or play "Talk funny Mummy" (which involves me talking in a range of accents, well mostly American, and Elf laughing at me)
- Watched our own choice of telly which isn't, funnily enough, Humf or The Backyardigans
- Had a long adult lunch of three courses uninterrupted on Easter Sunday
- Turned our noses up at other tables in said restaurant with children attached (only joking)
- Shopped in peace at our own pace after said three course lunch
- Tried on clothes during said shopping trip
- Argued with each other. Why? Because we could!
- Worked a full day instead of part-time (to make up for leaving work early last week as Elf had tonsillitis) I don't have to leave bang on time to avoid the huge penalties for picking Elf up late from nursery
- Not had to wait outside the house in my joggers for OH to come home so I can race to my Pilates class (does the stress involved in waiting til the 11th hour negate the relaxation achieved once there?)
- Laid in bed until the last minute before I have to get up before work (bliss)
- Cooked dinner, eaten it by 6.15pm and watched Hollyoaks (it's still awful)
- Tidied my wardrobe and put away my Winter warmers
- Booked catch-up suppers later in the week with friends separately but ON THE SAME NIGHT
- Planned to go to a work friend's 40th birthday party TOGETHER without having to pay a babysitter.